3. Quantitative primary data collection for Masters and Ph.D. studies
About this course:
Most of the post-graduate studies rely on primary data. However, students often collect data that is not aligned with their research objective and questions. Data collection instruments are not carefully designed results in poor quality data set and which is useless for the studies.
Course Date/ Time/ Location:
Wed 10th – Fri 12th July (3 days) – Johannesburg
- Ethical clearance
- Research designs
- Research philosophies
- Types of data.
- Developing a questionnaire based on research objectives
- Aligned the data instrument with the statistical tool and analysis model
- Writing exercise
- Sampling strategies
- Sampling techniques and size.
- Data collection strategies.
- Data processing
- Data cleansing
- Transferring data to the software
- Storing of data
- Preparation for analysis
- Class discussion
- Writing of the
- Conclusion of the literature review
Compiling the draft questionnaire
Data gathering techniques
- Data management
- Assistance to colloquium
Who Should attend:
Prospective masters and Doctoral students.
Price: R 10 500 (Vat inclusive), it includes:
- Course attendance
- Full refreshments: lunch
- Welcome tea
- Two breaks for tea including pastries
- Course lecture notes and training manual
- Complimentary parking
- Certificate of attendance